Taft Clothing Inc. Privacy Notice
Last updated: October 2, 2020
Taft Clothing Inc (“Taft Clothing”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) understands the importance of privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information. This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) describes what personal information we collect, how we use it, and for what purposes. It also explains what rights you have with respect to your personal information.
Personal Information we collect
We may collect the following personal information from you when you visit our website, www.taftclothing.com (the “Site”), create an account on our Site, purchase products on our Site, or when you otherwise interact with us:
- Identifiers: name, account credentials, Internet Protocol (IP) address, and contact information, including email address (and hashed email address), shipping and billing address, and telephone number.
- Payment card information: credit or debit card number and information.
- Commercial information: products purchased or considered and purchasing history or tendency.
- Internet or other network activity: browsing history, information about your interaction with the Site, information about the device you use to access the Site, traffic logs, and the duration of the visit on the Site.
- Geolocation data: physical location or movements.
In general, you will know what personal information we collect because you will actively and voluntarily provide it to us. However, we collect certain personal information automatically from you when you visit the Site, such as your IP address and information about your Internet or other network activity.
Purposes for which we use personal information
We use or process your personal information in order to administer the Site and provide our products to you, perform a contract with you, and to pursue our legitimate interests, including to:
- Fulfill or meet the reason you provided your personal information. For example, if you share personal information with us in order to ask a question about a certain product, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide personal information to purchase a product, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery of the product to you.
- Support, personalize, develop, and improve the Site.
- Provide customer service to you.
- Contact you about products, features, or special offers that may be of interest to you, including targeted offers and ads through the Site, third-party websites, and email.
- Advertise our products via cross device tracking and AdRoll Email.
- Conduct contests or sweepstakes.
- Comply with legal obligations.
- Evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, which may include personal information.
We generally do not sell your personal information. However, certain laws applicable to your personal information may define “sell” or “sale” broadly. Accordingly, there may be instances where we sell (as defined by those laws) your personal information. You have the right to opt-out of such “sale” (by following the link provided in the “Your Rights” section below).
Disclosure of your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose (i.e., a third party that provides services to Taft Clothing). These service providers include payment processors, and service providers that assist us with fraud protection and credit risk reduction, product customization, order fulfillment and shipping, marketing and promotional material distribution, Site evaluation, data analysis and, where applicable, data cleansing. When we disclose personal information to our service providers, we make sure they keep the personal information confidential and do not use the personal information for any purpose other than the purpose for which we disclosed it to them. We may share personal information with advertising service providers (or permit them to collect personal information from you when visiting the Site), including NextRoll. You can read about NextRoll’s collection and use of personal information by visiting https://www.nextroll.com/privacy.
We may also disclose personal information if we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to comply with law, exercise or defend legal rights, or protect the rights, property, or safety of Taft Clothing or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, customers, or others. In the event of a merger, reorganization, or other sale of some or all of Taft Clothing’s assets, personal information may be considered one of the assets transferred.
We may share non-identifying or aggregated information with our marketing partners, advertisers and others from time to time. Examples of such non-identifying or aggregated information include the number of users who visit the Site during a specific time period or purchase a specific product on the Site.
How we protect personal information
We implement technical and organizational measures to protect personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or use, including Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology. We routinely review our security measures and implement new measures as appropriate. However, we cannot guarantee the complete safety of personal information transferred via the Internet, so please exercise caution when submitting personal information online.
Retention of personal information
We retain personal information for as long as necessary in order to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it (as outlined in this Notice). We delete personal information that we no longer need to fulfill those purposes, unless applicable law requires that we retain personal information for a longer period.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
When you visit the Site, we may place a “cookie” on your computer or device. A cookie is a small file placed on your computer by a website that uses the cookie to store information about your use of the website to help users navigate websites efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owner of the website. You can delete cookies at any time through your browser settings.
Third party websites
This Site may contain links to websites operated by third parties. The practices described in this Notice do not apply to information gathered through such websites. You should read the privacy policies, statements, or notices of each website you visit. If you accessed this Site through a link from one of our advertising or marketing partners, this Site may include a frame of the applicable advertising or marketing partner. However, the personal information you provide to us through such framed websites is collected by us, and our use of such information is governed by this Notice.
You have the right to request that we disclose:
- what categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which we collect your personal information;
- the purpose for which we collect, use, or disclose your personal information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information;
- the categories of personal information we have disclosed about you for a business purpose;
- whether we sell or have sold your personal information; and
- whether we have disclosed your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
You also have the right to:
- opt out of the sale of your personal information (to the extent we sell your personal information, by clicking here);
- not face discrimination for exercising any of your rights outlined in this Notice;
- request that we delete your personal information;
- request access to your personal information and data portability;
- request that we correct or rectify your personal information;
- request restriction of processing of your personal information;
- object to the processing of your personal information; and
- lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
To exercise these rights, you or your authorized agent may contact us as described below. Your request must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom the request is made, and describe your request with sufficient detail that allows Taft Clothing to properly respond to it. Depending on where you are located, some of these rights may be subject to limitations.
You may also opt-out of (i) receiving email messages from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the message, or by following the opt-out instructions included in the communication; and (ii) receiving cross-device site advertising (tracking across devices) or targeted advertising by visiting https://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1.
If you are a California resident, you can read about your rights with respect to your personal information that we have disclosed to NextRoll (or that NextRoll has collected from you) at https://www.nextroll.com/privacy#service-13.
Location of processing and storage
If you are visiting the Site, or purchasing products from us, from outside of the United States, please note that your personal information will be processed by us and stored in the United States. United States law may not be as protective of your personal information as the laws in your home country. However, we take steps to adequately protect personal information as set forth in this Notice.
The Site is not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you believe we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us as described below and we will delete it.
Changes to this Notice
We may update or make changes to this Notice at any time. When we do, we will update the “last updated” date above and notify you (by email or otherwise) if such changes affect your rights or our obligations with respect to your personal information.
You may contact us at email@example.com, or by mail at:
12 W Market St, Ste 200
Salt Lake City, Utah 84101