Our TAFT Christmas Miracle
Thanks to the amazing response we have had to our shoe release and the Reddit article that was published about us, we have had a killer fourth quarter this year. We are still very new and small (yep, still just a one-man show) but we have had some amazing things happen. Because of this, we wanted to give back in whatever way we could. As a young father of two children, I understand the worry and concern of caring for children...especially at this time of year. We set aside some profits and decided to help a few families out with Christmas.
A quick summary of the four families we were able to help with Christmas:
- A single mother of two beautiful little girls
- A young couple with a newborn baby in Chicago
- A family in Texas that just lost their workshop in a fire
- A single mother that works three jobs to care for her little babies
We overnighted four checks to each of these families on December 22nd to arrive in time to purchase some last minute gifts for their children. I have followed up with them to see what we were able to do with the money. Here is what that money was able to buy:
- Seven sets of Christmas pajamas
- Two LeapFrog educational tablets to help with spelling, vocabulary, and math
- One RC truck (that can handle the Texas terrain)
- Two Barbie dolls
- A number of articles of clothing for both girls and boys
- A much-needed accessory for a bassoon
- A baby swing for the newborn
- Stockings full of candy
We are so grateful for all of you that have made this possible. We love giving back and this year we were able to help brighten others' days because of your support. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you very much.
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and a Happy New Year!