Wholesale Sales Manager
About the Role:
TAFT makes bold, unique and high-quality product, markets it in a compelling and fun way and treats its customers like they are FAMILY. To this point in our history we have been exclusively direct-to-consumer but are looking to expand our reach and work with great wholesale partners across the US as we grow the brand’s reach. We are looking for a world-class Wholesale Sales Manager to ignite and lead our Sales function, creating a start-up within our growth company as we pursue this new channel. We literally don’t sell to a single account at the moment, but the demand is strong and we believe Wholesale will be a meaningful part of the business in short order.
As our Wholesale Sales Manager you will be responsible for collaboratively defining and executing the strategy and the roadmap to create and grow this new channel. You will also drive new account engagement while also bringing the voice of the customer to life for the broader organization. The Manager will create, manage and lead an internal team as well as external partners/contractors, ensuring all members and efforts are unified, on brand and driving for growth. Remember, this is a role and a function that doesn’t currently exist at the company. We need someone who is a ‘go-getter’ in the truest sense. ‘Proactive’ may be a cliché word in hiring, but it is the most important word for this role. You cannot sit back and wait for work to come to you or the structure of the organization to fill your days – those things don’t exist. You need to go get it, find it, create it and do it. If you are lazy or more comfortable in a larger org with a highly structured role, this job isn’t for you. And that’s ok – YOLO!
What you’ll do:
- Start the Wholesale Sales function and channel for the TAFT brand, including collaboration with senior leadership on sales strategy and building a first-rate team of passionate and knowledgeable people.
- Identify great potential wholesale partners and make sales calls to cultivate new business.
- Attend and execute trade shows from booth set up, appointment setting and prospecting to selling and follow up.
- Identify and implement best-in-class sales practices and processes.
- Create ambitious but achievable goals for the nascent wholesale business and motivate both sales team members and cross functional partners in pursuit of those goals.
- Represent and champion the the voice of the customer (both end customer and wholesale account customer) at TAFT.
- Own and manage resource requirements to best support the business - keeping a keen focus on seasonality requirements around key annual moments/sales.
- Be accountable for creating, developing and reporting on KPI’s and SLA’s.
- Be accountable to a budget, managing smartly to ensure we stay within financial parameters.
- Provide strong leadership to all Sales associates and foster an engaging and supportive environment.
- Hire, onboard, train, and motivate all Sales team members.
- Manage all third party vendors by building long lasting relationships and facilitating trainings.
- Constantly evaluate our Sales vendors and make fiscally responsible decisions with the company in mind.
- Provide the Sales team with measurable KPIs and goals.
- Partner with internal departments (brand marketing, operations, merchandising, and product) to drive better processes and outcomes for our wholesale customers.
- Train our in-house sales team and any contractors/reps on a regular basis to ensure product knowledge mastery and command of selling tools.
- Analyze our sales data (both quantitative and qualitative), and continuously adjust our process and procedures to improve the TAFT’s performance.
- Research other communication channels, portals, and platforms that will benefit the Sales team’s ability to connect and address our customer’s needs and drive business.
Who you are:
- Strong experience leading a Sales organization and preferably having grown one from the ground up.
- You don’t sit back and wait for things to come to you, but you go out and get it done, taking ACTION and owning the future.
- Effective decision-making skills taking into consideration both quantitative and qualitative data.
- While we don’t want to be pushy, you need to be able to sell. It’s a Sales job, and not only that, you’re the leader!
- Ability to think critically and learn quickly in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- A passion for TAFT and what we stand for as a brand.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to think end-to-end from both the customer and business perspective in mind.
- A full understanding of the Sales function’s needs in a high-growth, start up environment.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to interact, influence, and align with all levels of the organization, both internal and external.
- Preference for location in Dallas, TX or Salt Lake City, UT, but open to fully remote work/location.
- Employer paid medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Generous PTO policy, plus paid holidays.
- Parental leave.
- Company discount policy.
- Simply one of the coolest places to work with some of the BEST people!
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.