Salt Lake City, UT
About the team:
TAFT is about building confidence through bold style and unique, high-quality products. Our team is small but mighty and ever growing. We are looking for like-minded people with high energy, optimism and a problem-solving attitude to join the team. At our core we design and make beautiful and unique footwear, so any addition to our product team is an important and impactful role. You will need to stay close to the consumer and the market, gathering insights that inform the future of TAFT’s line, but all while leading with a creative and unique design sensibility that isn’t for the faint of heart.
About the role:
TAFT is looking for a hungry, capable and proactive Associate to join our Product team. In the role of Procurement and Product Development Associate, it will be your charge to scour the earth for unique, bold, elegant and beautiful textiles, leathers, and materials that may be used in the design of our products. There are more textile and fabric mills and factories out there than drops of water in the sea (well, not literally but you get the point), and we need you to relentlessly pursue opportunities to improve our designs as well as ideate how we can improve our product via other means. In addition to the very important job of procurement, we will need you to assist in the process of product development. Each season requires a great deal of work as we ideate, design, sample, tweak, re-sample, test and send for production. We need you to assist, facilitate, and organize the development process to keep us on track and on time to deliver product when the market expects.
What you’ll do:
- Lead fabric and material procurement for the company, sourcing swatches and samples from all over the world for consideration in our design process
- Prospect for new mills/tanneries/factories as well as work with existing suppliers to find brand-appropriate material options
- Assist in creation of and adherence to product development calendar and associated deadlines set by Merchandising and Product leadership
- Collaborate with design leadership and cross-functional teams to manage workloads to meet deadlines while achieving the highest level of quality and accuracy
- Contribute ideas for construction, materials, and components to enhance functionality, aesthetics, fit and margin
- Proactively research market and fashion trends and provide insights on the seasonal direction to the larger team
- Review prototypes and pre-production samples against technical packages and facilitate feedback and corrections needed for future prototypes
- Travel to trade shows frequently as a part of vendor discover and relationship building
- Assist in the process of wear-testing our products for design/function flaws that can be improved
- Accomplish all tasks and execute requests within timeline constraints
Who you are:
- 1-5 years of professional experience
- Highly organized and internally motivated
- Experience at fashion/lifestyle brand preferred though not necessary
- Strong communication skills across all mediums
- Comfortable traveling both domestically and internationally on your own
- Detail oriented go-getter, able to prioritize time and task
- Highly familiar with Apple applications and functionality
- Employer paid medical, dental and vision insurance
- Competitive PTO policy, plus paid holidays
- Company discount policy
- Parental and Family Medical Leave
- Flexible working schedule: some in office, some from home
- Incredible snacks and drinks in the fridge
- Consistent travel once the world resumes a semblance of normalcy
- Honestly we’re the coolest place to work in Utah - join us!
Please submit resume and cover letter to Careers@TAFTClothing.com.